Recently the Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) has release new information regarding motorcycle safety in a publication entitled. Quick Tips.
The MSF advises that drivers should:
- Be as conspicuous as possible.
- Wear bright clothing and a light colored helmet.
- Always have the motorcycle's headlights on.
- Use high beams during the day.
- Take an approved rider training course.
- Assume others on the road can't see you.
The MSF makes very clear that the last bullet point is taken very seriously. Operating under the assumption that cars cannot see you when riding a motorcycle will prevent motorcycle accident in many situations and help prevent serious injury and death as well.